About Tancroft Communications
Tancroft Communications are expert in business communications, Tancroft Communications (“we”, “us”, or “our”) are part of the Tosca Group.
Information we collect
We automatically collect information about you through your use of our Services, including, without limitation your IP address, location, browser type, domain name, the website that led you to our services, the website to which you go after leaving our services, the dates and times you access our service, please see our cookies and tracking mechanisms used by us in the cookie section of this policy for full explanation.
Comments left by users to the website
When visitors leave comments on the website in the contact us area, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We may collect information about you, for example your first and last name, your email address and any other personal information you choose to supply us in your message for example phone number or address
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded Content from other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
With whom we share your data
We may use your information, including personal information and user content, for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our services to you
- To maintain or improve services
- To update software
- To perform analysis of interaction with our website
- To protect rights and safety of our business
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including but not limited to formal court order or legal warrant from police or government authority.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained for only as long as is necessary. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you have in certain circumstances rights over your personal data, these rights are:
- You have the right to request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
- You have the right to request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns)
- You have the right to object to further processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to withdraw any consent you may have given us to process your personal data
- The Information Commissioner is the supervisory authority in the UK and can provide further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints you may have on our processing of your personal data.
How we store your data
The data that we collect from you is held in the UK and stored securely at destinations that is not outside of the European Economic Area (“EAA”)
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
you can contact the data protection manager by emailing